Avondale Estates Real Estate
Avondale Estates, just east of Decatur, has a lot going for it as well. It too started life as a streetcar suburb like its neighbors to the west. At that time, it was called Ingleside. In the mid-1920’s, Ingleside and a nearby dairy farm were bought by one individual, George Willis, who set out to develop an ideal suburb, in the process renaming it to Avondale Estates. It incorporated as a city in January of 1928. Willis’ original plan still guided development even during the post-World War II building boom.